Two Weeks and Counting to 1st Meet
One week closer to that first meet on June 3. There’s a lot to update on this week so if you have any questions please reach out to the board.
- Final registration payments are due today! If you have not made payment, please reach out to us ASAP so that we can help coordinate with you. If we don’t receive payment, we will have to remove your child from the roster that we send to the league.
- We need two volunteers for the Champ Series Committee – this entails attending CCSL meetings twice per month and helps plan and coordinate the Champ Meet series on July 8 & 9.
- There will be a green coach’s notebook at practice every day. Parents and swimmers are welcome to fill it in if you have questions, comments, or concerns for the coaches.
- Swimmer t-shirts were distributed yesterday during picture day. If you did not receive yours, please reach out to a board member at practice or send us an email and we’ll get you taken care of!
- Coming soon to practice! Family mailboxes, which will include Ribbons from meets, swim-a-thon pledge sheets, fundraising flyers, spirit nights, and more! Please check them each time your child attends practice.
- Don’t forget to sign up for SportsYou app, directions can be found here. This is an important line of communication for the team including weather updates for practice and team reminders – please download the app and get set up ASAP!
As always if you don’t have any questions please reach out to the board or send an email to email@example.com.
Feel the Sting!
2023 “Phill” The Box Clothing Drive
Time to clean out your closets and support the Stingrays! Let’s surpass our goal from last year and exceed 2,000 pounds of clothes to donate to those in need. Reach out to family, friends, and neighbors to bring clothing items to donate, there will be a bin located at the Seabrook Pool parking lot. The Stingrays receive funds based on total pounds of clothing collected.
- Dates: Friday, May 26 – Friday, June 23
- Items should be clean and placed in plastic bags- we accept gently used Women’s, Children’s, Baby’s, and Men’s clothing. Accessories: Purses, Backpacks, Handbags, Clutches, Tote Bags, Shoulder Bags, Laptop bags, Hats, Gloves, Ties, Scarves, Belts, and Wallets.
- Last year we collected 1,088 pounds of clothing and received a check for $734.60
CCSL Astros Nights
Enjoy a night out at the Astros and support the CCSL Scholarship Program which all league swimmers are eligible to apply for. Below are links to sign up for the games, note the cut off dates for each game in May.
- June 13th vs Washington Nationals (DUE MAY 24) | https://forms.gle/qG6cpmbyqtoeV8bT8
- June 19th vs New York Mets (DUE MAY 28) | https://forms.gle/18vSpTBx2VJ3wyoYA
Mark your calendars, the 2023 Swim-A-Thon is set for Thursday, June 22nd! Last year we raised more than $3,000 for the team. In the weeks leading up to the event, swimmers will ask friends/families/neighbors to pledge donations to support them and they will pledge to swim as many laps as they can during their practice time. Kids will enjoy breakfast after they swim. Parents, please let the board know if you can be a lab counter or help with setup / breakdown during your child’s practice time. In the event of rain, we’ll plan to do the event on Monday, June 26 as a backup.